- In order to set up shopping for Instagram, you first of all have to meet Instagram's requirements found here. Once you meet all these requirements, please continue reading.
2. If you don't already have a Facebook Business Manager account, create one here.
Once you’ve done the above, follow these steps to connect your Instagram account
3. Proceed to Create a Facebook catalog which is made up of products that you want to use for Instagram Shopping.
Make sure your catalog belongs to your Business Manager account. You can assign it to a business in your Catalog Manager Settings under Business Manager Account. If your catalog doesn't belong to a business, you won't see the Instagram Shopping option in the next step.
Also, make sure that your Instagram account is a business account and that it's connected to a Facebook Business account. To do that, please follow the following steps.
A. From your Facebook Business Manager account's navigation, select "Business Settings" then click on 'Instagram Accounts', then click 'Add'
B. Sign in to your Instagram account, then select the business account you want to add to your Facebook business account.
Now, let's go-ahead to connect the feed (catalog) to Instagram
4. Go to your Catalog Manager. Click on 'Business' on the top left of the page, then click on 'Catalogs'
5. Select the catalog that you want to connect to your Instagram business account.
6. You'll be redirected to the Use Cases page. On the Use Cases page, select Instagram Shopping and then Connect Your Instagram Business Profile. Note that the Instagram Shopping option only appears if you've fulfilled the requirements talked about in step 1
7. On the pop up that follows, log into your Instagram Business account or select the account that shows to sync your account
You've connected a catalog to your Instagram business account.
8. Once you've connected your account and catalog, open the Instagram app to sign up for shopping. Go to your profile settings, tap Business, and tap Shopping on Instagram.
Follow the steps to submit your account for review. Usually, the process takes a few days, but sometimes it can take longer. You can visit Shopping in Settings at any time to check your review status.
Once you've been approved, you'll receive notifications from Instagram. Complete setup in Shopping to start tagging products in your posts and stories.